Since it’s the middle of the term, I want to invite you to tell me how you feel about the course so far. Here are three ways to respond:
- Add a comment that tells me how you feel about the course so far.
- Reply to a comment someone else has made. It’s useful to know if a lot of you are interested in the same thing.
- Send me an email or a private message in Canvas if you want to say something but don’t want to say it in public.
I will share some questions you can answer if you like; however, you are free to comment in whatever way you like. Don’t feel limited by the questions.
- What do you love about the course?
- What do you hate about the course?
- How can I help you learn better?
- What can you do to do better in the course?
- What is most helpful to you about the course?
- Is there anything you wish the course would cover? What?
- “Stop, Start, Continue”:
- What do you want to stop in the course?
- What would you like to start?
- What would you like to continue?
Please Be Honest
I will not use your comments against you, nor will your comments help you. Just be honest, and give me some details to support what you say. Here’s an example:
Not Very Helpful
This class sucks! [This response doesn’ let me know what I need to do to improve.]
This class sucks because I prefer multiple choice quizzes to writing projects.
Naturally, I cannot make every change you might like. I can’t eliminate writing projects, for example, since this is a writing course. I will take your suggestions seriously and make changes that the majority of people want if possible however.