This is the post for the week of February 12, 2018.
This week, you will continue working on the Analysis of Writing in Your Field Assignment project. I have some activities that will help you find more information you can add to your project.
Readings for the Week
- #SundayShare: Grading System FAQs
- How the Major Projects Connect
- Check these resources for information about your specific field, and read whatever is helpful:
- Writing for Specific Disciplines (Sacramento State)
- Writing for Specific Disciplines (Duke)
- Writing in the Disciplines (Tennessee-Knoxville)
- Writing in the Disciplines & Across the Curriculum (Montclair State)
- Tips and Tools, last column on the right (UNC-Chapel Hill)
- Writing in the Disciplines (Richmond)
- Resources for Writers and Presenters (Montana)
- Engineers on Writing (requires Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player, but it may be helpful if you’re an Engineer)
Tasks for the Week
- By 11:59PM on Monday, February 12, submit your 02/09 Labor Log in Canvas, if you are using the grace period.
- Remember that you can ask any questions you have about the Analysis project in the Analysis of Writing in your Field Questions. If you have any questions, check there first to see if they have already been answered. If they have not, post your question there, and I will answer when I check in.
- Consider the general categories of communication that occur in your field. Read the information on the Poster: Writing and Communication – WOVEN from Georgia Tech, and then add your replies to the WOVEN in Your Field Discussion in Canvas. Post your response by 11:59PM on Friday, February 16. The grace period for your response ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, February 19.
- Review the Readings for the Week for information that relates to your field. As you find relevant information add it to your Analysis table.
- Continue work on your Analysis project. Here are the relevant dates for the project:
- Wednesday, February 21 by 11:59PM: Post a draft of your project in the Group Feedback on Analysis of Writing Projects Discussion in Canvas.
- Friday, February 23 by 11:59PM: Post feedback on the drafts posted by your group members in the Group Feedback Discussion in Canvas.
- Monday, February 26 by 11:59PM: Submit your project in the Analysis assignment in Canvas.
- Thursday, March 1 by 11:59PM: Submit your project in the Analysis assignment in Canvas, if you are using the grace period.
- By 11:59PM on Friday, February 16, write your 02/16 Labor Log in Canvas. Specific questions for your log are included in Canvas. The grace period for your log entry ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, February 19.